1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Zinky Blue Velvet clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by kselbee, Dec 18, 2005.

1. kselbee

kselbee Member

I finally got around to recording a little clip of the Zinky. I recorded it on my Boss BR1200 (which is where the drums and bass come from). The guitar is a Hamer Studio and the mic is an SM57. This is a really quick take so excuse the playing but I know a few of you wanted to hear this amp. Here it is....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=453811

2. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

HEY THANKS! Sounds great... I hate it when drummers and bass players don't learn the end of the tunes tho , don't you? Better have a talk with them !:horse :D :D

Seriously though , thanks, and sounds great

You wouldn't by any chance have compared 1 of the BLue Velvets to a Traynor ycv50 ? They seem like 2 amps with similar type features and markets other than the Velvet and both get great marks. ERIC

3. M@tt C

M@tt C Supporting Member

Cool clip! Sounds good!

4. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

How much gain do you have on the lead channel?

Sounds good, by the way. I love my Zinky Superfly.

EP

5. kselbee

kselbee Member

I never played the Traynor, but I did read a bit about it. Just couldn't find one locally.

6. kselbee

kselbee Member

The gain on that clip is dimed.

7. kselbee

kselbee Member

Thanks! It was a very quick one-take recording but it captures the tone of the amp fairly well. What are you using for tone these days?

8. M@tt C

M@tt C Supporting Member

I definitely dig the tone...gainy, but not over the top. Very sweet and smooth. Still have the Bogner?

I went thu a "simplification process" after we pulled the plug. I sold everthing but the Les Paul and a few basic pedals. Had a Dr Z Ghia for about a week, then traded it for a THD Bivalve, which I really dig.

9. *zr*

*zr* Member

Was that the Blue Velvet with el-84's? I have a 2005 50 watt version that really rocks. I'm actually selling it though as I also have a Zinky MOFO head that just does it for me. The 50 watters use 5881 power tubes and have a slightly different sound. I love how Zinky amps sound so thick. Nice clip.

10. Kinkirsi

Kinkirsi Member

Whats up with the mofo?

11. *zr*

*zr* Member

The MOFO was a limited edition run of 100 amps when Bruce Zinky first went on his own after Fender. The BLue Velvet is probably more versatile overall but I just like what the MOFO can do.

12. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

I think he covered all the bases he could after he designed/built the Superfly.

13. j37nm

j37nm Member

kselbee,

nice clip! Did you use the 25 watt or 50 watt? What cab were you using? The zinky close back?

14. jimmybcool

jimmybcool Supporting Member

Great. One question. 25 watt or 50?

15. StinkMonkey

StinkMonkey Member

Great clip. Nice clean. I have the BV112. Sometimes I use a Mesa Recto 212 in a 312 combo to get that dep bass resonance. What do you mean the gain is dimed? I don't have a gain knob on my channel one but get great tones cranking the volumes. You know , it only goes so loud, then gets that great break up. Massive gain on the second channel though. Bruce told me you can't hurt a Blue Velvet by mismatching impedance and a lot of people use the 4ohm setting at lower volumes, but it gets a little muddy at higher volumes. Love my Zinky. What about the Bogner? The brown 212 is my next amp gas.