• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Zinky Clips?

OldSchool

I don't know if this helps............but I just got a Zinky True grit pedal and I am really impressed. Great pedal...........great for turning a Nice reissue twin into a plexi............:dude :dude

used on the bay..........$60. ;) :AOK

j37nm

hey davetcan,

very sweet recordings! Very clear, transparent. Nice tone, by the way! What a great sounding amp. Is it EL 84 or 6L6? Sounds like EL 84.

j

davetcan

Thanks very much :)

You're absolutely right, it's a pair of EL84's and it sounds a lot better cranked a bit. They were recorded at bedroom levels.

Zexcoil

Vendor
Thanks, man. I really appreciate that.

Check back, we post new stuff periodically.

Scott

StinkMonkey

I have the BV 25 watt 112 combo. I'll try and post some clips. If you call or email you get to talk to Bruce most of the time, that's customer service. I emailed Bruce and he told me you can't hurt the Blue Velvet mismatching impedience, and a lot of people like the BV on four ohms at lower volumes, but it tends to get 'mushy' at higher volumes on the four ohm setting. The Zinky speaker is sixteen ohms. My high watt is a MF350 so I'm used to having massive bottom if I want it. I went and got a Mesa Recto 212 cab. Lost a tiny (very tiny) bit of volume but it compliments the Zinkys 112 tone perfectly (subjective) with the V30's. You know a 312 combination, switch at eight ohms. The Zinky sounds awesome all by itself, more tones with the impedience switch, and adding the little cab opens a whole new dimension with massive bottom. I was at Cowtown and they were playing with a BV 112 into a Soldano 212 snake skin cab and it sounded pretty good too, a hair brighter than the Mesa.

Not the Zinky. Bruce has a number of protections built into his amps. Heat, spikes, or other problems will just shut the amp down.

He as much challenged me to blow it up.

A guy who guarantee's his amps for life will make SURE he doesn't spend alot of time doing repairs.

EP

davetcan

I've been running my BV 16 ohm speaker on the 8 ohm setting since I got the amp, at Bruce's suggestion of course. I just prefer the tone, seems a bit warmer and takes away some of the treble bite that I hate so much. :) No problems so far, great little amp. :dude

StinkMonkey

Yep and Bruce guarantees the amp for life, not the owner, so even if you buy one used it's covered. No one else does that that I've ever heard of.

Trending Topics