Zion Fifty?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by atquinn, Jun 20, 2008.

1. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

So, I've decided to get into the world of Telecasters. I've never had one but I have played a couple here and there and enjoyed them. I'm a picky guy, so a regular Fender Tele won't do. I want something with some heel contouring and a bellycut (contouring on the front is optional). I'd also like a rosewood board since most maple ones don't agree with me. Anyway, I know there are Andersons, Melancons, and Suhr's out there that will fill these requirements and even a Fender model or two. I stumbled upon a Zion Fifty on eBay that would also fit my specs, but I don't have any direct experience with these guitars and there's not much info out there on them. Anybody have any experience with these? Like I say, the specs look nice, but specs don't tell the whole story.

-Austin

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Supporting Member

Zion is the best kept secret in the guitar world. That blue one on eBay is easily on par with any Anderson/Melancon/Suhr...you name it. If it were not blue and had a maple board I'd already have it as I'm looking to add a Tele as well...a Zion to be specific. I gotta have that maple board though.

You can probably get it for about a grand. Jump on it. The guys at Zion are anal about setup and fretwork....it's all top notch.

3. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

Thanks for the info. The color doesn't bother me at all. I'd like a more classic look, but as long as it isn't any kind of burst and I can see the wood grain, I'm fine with any Tele finish.

-Austin

4. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member