Zoom G1 Four, G1X Four

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by filo01, Jan 17, 2019.

1. dswo

dswo Member

Noticed in that video:
    • Knobs look wiggly. Will that wiggle weaken electrical traces over time?
    • The delays include TapeEcho but not TapeEcho3 (Echoplex). I wonder if you can upload that to the unit with the editor/librarian? Or was it left out to avoid DSP overload?

2. zeepot

zeepot Member

Haven't seen the effect list anywhere, so I got the list off the video.

Comp
    RackComp
    SlowATTCK
    ZNR
    GrayComp
    LMT-76
    AutoWah
    SeqFLTR
    Gt GEQ7
    ParaEQ
    RndmFLTR
    TS Drive
    EP Stomp
    RC Boost
    GoldDrive
    SweetDrv
    DYN Drive
    RedCrunch
    Aco. Sim
    NYC Muff
    HG THRTTL
    DIST 1
    Squeak
    DIST Plus
    (Not shown in the video)
    MS4x12
    FD2x12
    FD-B4x10
    FD-DX1x12
    UK2x12
    MK1 1x12
    BGN4x12
    HW4x12
    RCT4x12
    ORG4x12
    DZ4x12F
    MA2x12
    Tremolo
    StereoCho
    Phaser
    VinFlanger
    Octave
    PitchSHFT
    HPS
    CloneCho
    CoronaTri
    Bomber
    HotSpice
    Delay
    AnalogDly
    TapeEcho
    ReverseDL
    ModDelay
    P-P Delay
    SoftEcho
    Room
    Hall
    HD Hall
    Spring
    FD Spring
    Plate

EDIT: I can easily guess the amp sims from what I know from other videos, cab list, and g3n’s list; MS 800, MS 1959, Fender twin, bassman, deluxe, AC30, Mesa mk1, Bogner, Hiwatt, Rectifier, Orange, Diezel, and Matchless.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Electric I, sahhas, duncane and 2 others like this.
  3. White Limo

White Limo Member

Sounds really good to me. Have we figured out when these are being released?

4. mastercaster

mastercaster Member

5. mac jones

mac jones Member

I recently bought one, and have been playing around with it. I like a number of things about it. In comparison to the recent G series, the audio seems a little clearer, and the layout has improved. The dedicated tone and volume knobs are great, as are the LED buttons. Being able to edit patches and select individual effects easily is a big improvement. There's really nothing I can say, that you can't see yourself on YT. Rhythm and looper UI's are simplified.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Electric I and dswo like this.
  6. White Limo

White Limo Member

Where are they for sale?

7. mac jones

mac jones Member

Ebay for the USA for now. Maybe Reverb. I bought one for less than what i've seen on Ebay. There's a markup. I'd wait a few weeks.

8. Technica

Technica Member

If it had USB audio, it would be perfect. I realize that now Zoom reserves that feature on their guitar multi-effects for the G5n, but leaving USB audio out for the G3n was a wrong move. The original Zoom G3/G3X were incredible for not only having USB audio, but also being able to run on bus power. It made carrying it in a laptop bag easy, and it was a full-fledged guitar system that could pull double duty as a recording tool and a floorboard for playing, not like a Korg Pandora.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  9. duncane

duncane Member

Thanks heaps for that. Im in as soon as I can get one in Australia ;-)

10. Mouzik

Mouzik Member

Maybe this Is the First of a new generation zoom g series?

11. FrancisDu09

FrancisDu09 Member

I think you're right, maybe they try a new interface with this model to see if people like it.
    Personally i do not like g3n / g5n for editing because it is necessary to navigate left / right to edit effects, add the fact that amp and cab takes two screens, the visibility is very reduced.
    So personally i'm very pleased with the new interface. Global eq, global volume, direct access to rythm and looper, are also good things.

12. mastercaster

mastercaster Member

Available now for £69 with free shipping on ebay uk.

13. ziobrandy

ziobrandy Member

This should be the last of the last generation, indeed.

L.

RonnieF likes this.
  14. mac jones

mac jones Member

It's a very nice improvement over the G1on physically. The build quality has improved, and the design is attractive.

There are three modes accessible with the switch in the upper left, which rotates between the modes. Patch - stomp- edit.

In stomp mode, you can mute individual effects, either with the buttons or the foot pedals (which cycles through a bank). This is a new feature, and very useful, obviously. I've been using in on a desk while i'm getting used to it, and the buttons come in handy.

In Edit mode, the buttons select the effects to edit, and this time the foot pedals are used to change the effects.

I haven't gotten into patch mode (will come back and edit this) but there's a pre-select fuction which enables you to move to a patch before you actually engage it. Also a bank limiting option, which limits the foot pedal scrolling to 10 patches. where the buttons (1 to 5) are used to select the banks (5x10= 50 patches).

It's really the addition of these buttons that is a huge improvement. Good job Zoom.
    (Oh, yes and the double duty 'edit/ tone and volume' feature)

Zoom just crushes it with value, and I'm sure these are going to move in volume.

duncane, jimfist and Electric I like this.
  15. Mikey2201

Mikey2201 Member

If the wah pedal separate or included in the 5 spot limit. If this was covered sorry I missed it

16. USERNAMETAKEN

USERNAMETAKEN Member

Lolz

17. dswo

dswo Member

Sweetwater expects to start shipping toward the end of March.

Electric I likes this.
  18. 1996standard

1996standard Member

What specifically are you laughing at here? Just the notion that it can compete with something that much more expensive or the caveat it be in the mix? Personally, I think he's probably correct. You did the Pepsi challenge with this and a lot of the more expensive modeling gear and let 100 people at random listen to it in the context of an actual song, I doubt many people would come away thinking there was much difference (or at least not enough to significantly detract from the song).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    ziobrandy, White Limo and Electric I like this.
  19. dswo

dswo Member

Now that you've had it for a bit, have you hooked up Guitar Lab? I'm very curious to see whether you can add effects, such as TapeEcho3 or Exciter, that are available on the G3n and G5n but are not included on the G1 Four.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  20. valvestate

valvestate Member

gaaawd... that looks really fugly and this is coming from a guy who owned several Zoom products (505, 606, 505II, 707, 3030, Zoom G3, MS-70 CDR)

Zoom really needs to better in the design area. I bet it sounds good though.

ziobrandy likes this.