Zoom G1on and MS100 BT

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by binge, Apr 21, 2016.

1. binge

binge Member

is there any difference in terms of sound quality between these two?

2. jrockbridge

jrockbridge Member

It's an interesting question. I own an MS100BT but do not own a G1on, so I can NOT offer an opinion based on comparison. This is only speculation on my part but I suspect they sound nearly identical when set to the same models that both share. My guess is that the differences are all about form, function and features, not sound quality.

3. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

I don't own the BT, but there is no difference in sound on identical models between the B3, G3, B1xon/B1on, G1xon/G1on, the MS-50G, the MS-60B and the MS-70CDR.

My guess is that the output hardware is the same on the MS-100BT and the rest of the family.

4. ManFromMars

ManFromMars Member

The only difference I've found between the G1on/B1on and identical models on the MS series pedals is output level. IMO the G1on takes slightly more tweaking to match unity gain and patch levels since there's interplay between the master volume and effects volumes, but that doesn't effect sound quality.