• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Zoom G1on

bluetrane

I've read about people using the G3 in front of their amp just for the effects. Can you bypass the amp models on the G1on and use it in front of an amp? I read the manual but didn't find any information on this.

bluetrane

Great! I wanted something to park in front of my little tube amp. With all those options and a looper, the G1on sounds like the right gadget.

Fatherflot

I just sold an HD500X and picked up a G1on just for delay, reverb, and modulation FX in front of my Vox AC15. I was originally just going to get a delay pedal, but thought "for $50 shipped, why not try it?" It's awesome that way---the FX are mostly great and work nicely with my analog dirt pedals. What a bonus that you can use it for a beatbox and a looper and for headphone practice.---and an amp simulator that can go direct in a pinch. Best deal ever. Get it.

I've read about people using the G3 in front of their amp just for the effects. Can you bypass the amp models on the G1on and use it in front of an amp? I read the manual but didn't find any information on this.
That's one way I use my Zoom G5 when using either of my amps. Have 6 patches without amp models specifically for this use.
But realistically, I Chorus in a few spots, Tape Delay is a few spots, and WAH pedal. Zoom G5 has it's own Tube Booster, which I use for Soloing. Unique feature amongst many other MultiFx Units
The 6 patches have different combinations of FX, Compressor, a few different Delays.
Last few gigs, I have stayed on one patch all night, FX listed above did the trick, and just switch channels on Amps. I play minimum 3 times a week Live, and sometimes an additional 2 times a week. Yup, 3 to 5 times a week Live.

kidvox

i'm about to pick up a Zoom G1ON and am curious if I am able to bypass the unit altogether. I skimmed the manual quickly but didn't see anything about bypassing it just scrolling through banks. I'm just going to go out on a limb and assume you press both switches simultaneously to bypass but would somebody be able to confirm this for me? thanks in advance.

Nevets

If you start with an empty patch or delete all the effects in a patch you'll be left with the "bypass" effect. I'm not sure how to add it to a chain otherwise. Anyway if you only use up four of the five slots you'll have the 'bypass' effect, and you can use this to bypass the whole unit.

Or, (just checked) you can set the tuner to bypass or mute, so you can use both switches together to bypass. Probably the easier route!

Trending Topics