Zoom G3 for modulation

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by phreeman123, Feb 16, 2012.

1. phreeman123

phreeman123 Member

Well this is my first post. I just ordered a Zoom G3. The only reason I ordered it is to have multi modulation effects in the post loop of my Bogner Goldfinger 45. Reviews seem to be good on it and I used the 15% off the MF has going on right now. Keep in mind I care nothing about drives or amp modeling, just maybe some delay and mainly Modulation. My questions are, has anyone used a G3 for this purpose only and compared the modulation effects to the Modfactor? I was going to get a Modfactor but I put Murphy’s Law in to consideration. The Modfactor has been out for a long time and has not gone down in price. The G3 is newer, seems to have a beefy processor and is half the price. I know the Modfactor is way more editable than the Zoom but I just need basic controls.
    Sorry if this has been asked in another post.

2. tjinca1

tjinca1 Member

That is exactly what I use my G3 for - just modulation effetcs (although I have been liking one of the fuzzes and the sd-1 distortion. It's like having 3 stompboxes so it takes up less room on the pedalboard, and you can change which stompboxes they are at any time. The only effect I didn't really dig was the univibe, so I got a shaky jimi for that. Otherwise the delays, choruses, flange, phase, eq, etc all work well.

3. phreeman123

phreeman123 Member

Thanks tjinca1, that is good to know, I will try the drives and comps for sure and if they sound nice i may order another for the front end of the amp.