• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Zoom G3 - mod to boot up in patch mode?

TrevorMag

Hi,

Does anyone know of a mod to make the Zoom G3 boot up in "patch mode", saving one from the need of stepping on footswitch 1 for a second?
I'm about to order one, and I figure that I'm going to want to use patch mode about 20 times more often than "normal" mode.

(I asked ashbass, he didn't know, thus my post here).

TrevorMag

From Zoom:
Dear Trevor,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Though we don't have the plan of firmware update for the G3 currently, we will pass your mail to our development group as feed-back to the G3. However, we don't know whether your suggestions are adopted to them.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Sincerely yours,
ZOOM CORPORATION

shredmiyagi

Maybe I'll double a message to further persuade the development group... ;)

It would be a nice option to have banks of 3 patches. At first I thought it'd be cool to use the footswitching layout of the HD500/G3/etc... and it is great if you're using the Zoom in a bigger pedalboard or amp setting...

But honestly, I end up using the entire FX chain on just getting the tone sound right. Other than switching an over-the-top delay on/off, I haven't found myself ever switching fx on & off when I play direct-to-PA with these things.

Trending Topics