Zoom G3

Plague Dog

I've had this Zoom G3 laying around collecting dust. I pulled it out tonight to see how it worked with my Quilter 101H. It sounds pretty amazing. when I picked up the unit I tried it through my rig at the time and it didn't impress me at all but there is some kind of magic happening between these two pieces of gear. It's very lightweight and compact and along with a 112 cab this rig could work for a lot of different gigs.
I've been using a L6 firehawk for the past year or so but the L6 fender amp models are dead and lifeless compared to the Zoom fender models.
Is there a zoom user site where I might be able to pick up some basic patch setups? I can't do all the different tunings I do with the firehawk and my variax, but for the straight ahead standard tuning stuff I really like what I'm hearing.
Another question, can you use an expression pedal made to use with line 6 with zoom?

Plague Dog

http://guitarpatches.com/patches.php?unit=g3
i found this user site after a quick search.
One of the problems I run into is I use so many tunings. Open C, Open D, Drop D, Open E, C#, Open G, E flat and standard.
The variax works but when it is just simulated tunings through a digital processor the guitar doesn't resonate like having the guitar tuned to the chord. I was carrying 6 guitars to gigs but it is a pain in the ass.
Maybe a guitar that will tune itself, but then I use different string gauges for different keys. The lower the tuning the heavier the strings.

Trending Topics