Zoom G3n/G5N platform, tips and tricks

Okay, so I'm pretty sure I managed to update the firmware to be today. How can I check if I have all the latest effects? Does anyone know what the most recent effect added was (I'm thinking if I have the most recent one then I should have all of the others!)

Thanks again, and sorry for being a novice!

Moe45673

Okay, so I'm pretty sure I managed to update the firmware to be today. How can I check if I have all the latest effects? Does anyone know what the most recent effect added was (I'm thinking if I have the most recent one then I should have all of the others!)

Thanks again, and sorry for being a novice!
Get zoom's guitar lab software. It'll answer all your questions :)

You'll need a USB cable to do it

Last edited:

viden

By the way, I just recently upgraded to the helix. I used the G5n for verbs, delays, swells etc. and I must say personally I would say the G5ns delays and verbs are pretty much on the same level!
YMMV

Beehive

By the way, I just recently upgraded to the helix. I used the G5n for verbs, delays, swells etc. and I must say personally I would say the G5ns delays and verbs are pretty much on the same level!
YMMV
I feel the same way. The HX reverbs and delays are way more flexible, but I still prefer some of the Zoom’s.

Anyone has an idea if the Zoom G5 (not N) has the ability to record dry signals over USB but have wet monitoring? I'm considering buying one.

Beehive

Hey folks, Do the amps and drives sound way better than the Zoom ones? I'm considering upgrade my G3xn to a HX Stomp.
It’s all in the eye of the beholder.

Two things are definitely better in the Helix ecosystem:
1. The flexibility (such as controlling any parameter with any foot switch, even layering multiple effect’s parameters from multiple effects blocks all into one foot switch or expression pedal).
2. The community of users. It’s huge. And it’s really nice because with greater flexibility comes greater need to understand your tool. You can stay simple, but if you mess with a setting you don’t understand, you could get yourself into trouble.

I wouldn’t say the HX Stomp is “miles ahead” in tones. It’s different, and I like it. That’s pretty much it.

It’s all in the eye of the beholder.

Two things are definitely better in the Helix ecosystem:
1. The flexibility (such as controlling any parameter with any foot switch, even layering multiple effect’s parameters from multiple effects blocks all into one foot switch or expression pedal).
2. The community of users. It’s huge. And it’s really nice because with greater flexibility comes greater need to understand your tool. You can stay simple, but if you mess with a setting you don’t understand, you could get yourself into trouble.

I wouldn’t say the HX Stomp is “miles ahead” in tones. It’s different, and I like it. That’s pretty much it.
Thanks dude! Do the FS4/FS5 can scroll pages aside? Can I assing a footswitch to change the modes?

valvestate

My churchmate lent me his Zoom G3xn so I can edit it and play in our band.
It came with v1.0... If I update it to V2.0, will it erase the patches that I made?

Cheers.

Moe45673

My churchmate lent me his Zoom G3xn so I can edit it and play in our band.
It came with v1.0... If I update it to V2.0, will it erase the patches that I made?

Cheers.
It shouldnt. But plug it into zoom's software through usb and backup the patches first
Latest firmware is 2.20, it looks like

Last edited:

Beehive

Thanks dude! Do the FS4/FS5 can scroll pages aside? Can I assing a footswitch to change the modes?
I’m not sure what you mean by scroll pages. If you mean go preset up and down, I think yes. As far as I know, you can’t switch modes with a foot switch, though.

Moe45673

How come even after updating my Zoom G3Xn to Version2.0, it still does not have the Particle Reverb? ?

This unit lacks any ambient effects comparing to a Zoom MS-70CDR!! :confused:cry:
Some effects can only be gotten from zoom's guitarlab software, i believe

valvestate

Folks,

Just a pet peeve but anyway to change the order of effects for Zoom G3Xn?

The order of the display of effects goes from something like:

Wah >> Comp >> Overdrives >>Delay >> Reverbs

Anyway to interchage the signal? Zoom G3 can do it.

I want the display to look like

Reverbs << Delay << Overdrives << Comp << Wah

Is it possible?

godoy.rafa

Folks,

Just a pet peeve but anyway to change the order of effects for Zoom G3Xn?

The order of the display of effects goes from something like:

Wah >> Comp >> Overdrives >>Delay >> Reverbs

Anyway to interchage the signal? Zoom G3 can do it.

I want the display to look like

Reverbs << Delay << Overdrives << Comp << Wah

Is it possible?
You can move effects in the chain, but I believe you can't change the display order.

Trending Topics