Zoom G5 Moisture Warning

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Bigsby, May 31, 2017.

1. Bigsby

Bigsby Member

Don't let any sloppy drunks near your multiFX at a gig. The slightest bit of moisture will cause your bank and patch switching to do what they want, when they want.

I think I'm going to get a clear plastic cover for mine like a 70s couch at grandma's.

2. johnnymegabyte

johnnymegabyte Member

I've had tons of beer spilled on my Zoom G5 in the last 5 years. No incidents
    But it was dirt from shoes or boots (Toronto Canada, winter, grime, salt residues) that got inside one of the buttons and caused it to ROLLLLLL through the presets without stopping, so I had to Turn the G5 off, to get around that. Finished the gig. Took it home and gave it a thorough cleaning, wipedown, compressed air and brush used to clean computer keyboards. Lost a small knob in the process.

Bigsby likes this.
  3. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

Fwiw, that's my biggest fear with any digital equipment on pedalboards. Most analog pedals can stand quite some beating and moisture, but any sort of shorting could render quite some digital devices complete useless, if not even kill them.

4. Bigsby

Bigsby Member

My G5 came back after a couple of days' drying out. Switching seems back to normal. From now on, after sound check, I will be placing it on top of my amp, hopefully out of harm's way. Good to know they can survive a Canadian beer & salt swamp. Mine seems a little dainty in comparison, but hopefully, it won't efF up again.

5. aldridt1

aldridt1 Member

6. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

Dude, is that a pedalboard or a summer workout station for slalom skiing?