• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Zoom H2 - good enough for simple demo clips?

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
to post here on TGP? Simple guitar/pickup/amp demos. Just trying to get my feet wet on the cheap.

Thanks,
Joe

iggs

I think so ... it works better (IMHO) when placed farther from the amp ... 4-5 feet.

But then again, I like both my SM57 and e906 placed about 2 inches away from the grill vs. right up against it so each to their own.

All demo clips I did were done with H2: http://www.youtube.com/nshc

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
Thanks! Your clips sound pretty good! That's what I was hoping for. Just so I can do simple clips. My basement is finished with the Owens Corning's system. No exposed block walls. It's fairly sound proof. I think it will be good for clips.

iggs

Just make sure the mic gain levels are set properly to avoid any clipping (watch for that flashing red led light) ... I had mine set to low and then adjusted the rec levels. Also, turn off all internal compressors or limiters.

miks

I have an H4, you might wanna check that out too. You can plug in whatever mic you like in the mic inputs and you have a great recorder for bootlegging gigs and rehersals (with the condensers).

Birddog

Definitely good enough for demo clips. Again, watch your gain levels.

I use mine as a scratch pad all the time.

Trending Topics