Zoom H2

Sammy

Has anyone got or tried one of these?

I write some of my own songs and when I am playing at home I come up with various chord sequences/ licks etc but can't be bothered to then go plug into my MD8 set it up for guitar & maybe vocals etc, and by the next day I have totally forgotton what I have done!:jo

So I want a small recorder I can just switch on and record what I am playing plus maybe my rambling singing how the song goes at the same time. I bought a used Sony clearvoice that uses tapes but it is crap so tinny. Then I saw the Zoom H2 recorder so I want to know is it any good and would it suit what I require!

mindseye

Yes....get one perfect for what you want to do with it!

Do a search on it here and you will find lots of rave reviews and sound samples of what peeps been doing with it!

nosignal

yeah i agree with mindseye ive read tons of threads on this forum about them, there should be one relativley close to the top with samples in it. i have to say it really sounds quite good.

yeah the H2 records well. but for just making notes while songwriting I use a smaller digital voice recorder that also has a tiny speaker built in so it's easy to play something back right away without needing headphones. THe H2 does not have a speaker. BUt the recording quality on the H2 is tons better than the voice recorder. so, I use the voice recorer for songwriting and the H2 for band practices.

Sammy

Yes....get one perfect for what you want to do with it!

Do a search on it here and you will find lots of rave reviews and sound samples of what peeps been doing with it!

Thanks I originally typed in ZoomH2 and nothing came up, Typed in just Zoom this time and loads of posts shown.:)

skogm

- just wondering if you considered it. It's light, fairly small and the built in mics are actually decent for recording ideas. I have a Zoom PS-02 but I find that I now use the BR-600 for recording ideas as well as guitar tracks. It's very transparent. I run 2 SM-57's into ART preamps when I'm miking and a Line 6 or Mesa Rec Pre into the BR-600 when going direct. I don't use any of the on board amp sims but the on board chorus and delay effects are decent.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom