Zoom MRS-1608 arrives!

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Guyote, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Guyote

Guyote Member

Been wanting an all-in-one recorder to sketch out song ideas and decided on the Zoom MRS-1608CD (the title without the "CD" is wrong...too late to change it). Factory resealed, brand new with full warranty from American Musical Supply for $719.00, which is not bad, about $80.00 less than full price which I almost paid last week. It got a nice review from Sound on Sound:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan05/articles/zoommrs1608.htm

I chose it over the very similar Boss BR-1600 which costs about $600.00 more and does not have a the metal casing nor stereo master track. Hope this turns out to be a good deal for me. Just on first impressions on opening the box, this thing is very solid and heavy and seems built to last.
    :drool

G

2. Rufus

Rufus Silver Supporting Member

Cool. I had the 1266, one of its predecessors, and it was a good little box. I got rid of it to go to a completely DAW-based system, and sometimes wish I hadn't. Have fun.

3. Guyote

Guyote Member

I do the DAW thing, too with Sonar Producer 5 and Reason 3. Waiting for my stuff to be shipped back east from Arizona and I really wanted some way to record until my household goods arrive. In fact, I just bought the Spectrasonics trio of Stylus, Atmosphere and Trilogy while I'm waiting. Those are three gorgeous sounding VST instruments, BTW. :AOK

Glad to know that I'm on the right trail with Zoom.:)

G

4. Rufus

Rufus Silver Supporting Member

Nice! I have Stylus and its a great tool. Haven't tried the others, but if there of the same quality I'm sure they sound great. It's funny, now when I hear TV commercials, I often hear some of the Stylus elements mixed in there.

5. Guyote

Guyote Member

Absolutely! If you watch "24", the Keifer Sutherland show, you'll hear Spectrasonics all over the place, and right from the very first show through this latest fifth season, every single episode. They really are pro quality instruments.
    :cool:

G

6. Strat-O

Strat-O Member

I've had one for close to a year now I guess. Also had the 1266 that was before it. Its a killer unit. Great price and I've really enjoyed using it.