Zoom MS-100bt and stompshare - How does it work?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Bunther, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Bunther

Bunther Member

I know that we have at least one big thread on TGP about the Zoom MS-100bt. I am starting this new thread to focus specifically on adding effects with bluetooth and stompshare because several posts warn about losing downloaded effects. I use the MS-100 live through a regular amp without a computer, iPad, or iPhone. I have an android - not iPhone, but my wife has an iPhone and an iPad. So, let's say that we install the application on the iPad and setup an iTunes account or whatever we need to do to access effects (free and $). Then we download effects and send them to my MS-100.

When the MS-100 is powered off does it remember the downloaded effects without the iPad?

From other posts it looks like all downloaded effects must be reloaded on the MS-100 any time I download additional effects. Is this correct?

Will the downloaded effects stay in the MS-100 if I power-off the MS-100 and uninstall Stompshare from the iPad?

If I install iTunes on my Windows 7 PC can I move the effects downloaded with the iPad to my PC? Can I send the effects to the MS-100 from my PC?

Must a device with iTunes be available via bluetooth for the MS-100 to use the downloaded effects?

Thank you.

2. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

3. Bunther

Bunther Member

That's incredibly helpful. There are over 500 posts covering a variety of aspects using the device. I'm not looking for tricks, tips or settings. I know how to use the device live very well. I know how to make my own patches. I am asking specifically about using Stompshare and iTunes. BTW, I have looked on the Zoom site, too. That's where the info I am seeking should be.

4. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

This should answer some of your questions. Bottom line, you want to connect with StompShare and get the free effects and some other great effects. You'll,be very, very glad you did.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  5. Bunther

Bunther Member

6. Bunther

Bunther Member

Well, I finally created an Apple id and used my wife's iPad to download several effects from Stompshare:
    Ice Delay
    Particle Reverb
    Space Hole
    Shimmer Reverb
    Z-Syn
    Stone Phase
    B-Breaker
    FDVibro
    BGN Drive
    Match30
    Car Drive
    RC Boost
    Sweet Drive
    Centa Gold
    BG Throttle
    BG Grid
    Slow Filter
    Splitter
    A-Filter
    Limiter

I continue to be disappointed with the amps. None of the amps sound real. I play with a fairly clean sound - blues and jazz. Sometimes I venture into Gary Moore-Warren Haynes territory. I found that I could use the Sweet Drive into the RC Booster for a nice lead sound.