Zoom MS-50G Users...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mr_cheef, May 20, 2015.

1. mr_cheef

mr_cheef Member

Hi all, quick question for anyone that uses this unit, can it be powered by a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+?

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

2. partytrain

partytrain Member

Mine is powered using one of L6 spots on my pp2+. Somewhere in the huge tips and tricks thread in the digital & modeling forum, someone mentioned that zoom advised them that the unit only needs somewhere around 150 to power it. (Can't remember the exact amount). It's been working great for me.

3. Apegryn

Apegryn Member

Sure you can. I ran two ms-50 through the 250mA output. Probably able to power from the 100mA as well, but if you're giggin you probably want to be on the safe side with the high current 250mA outputs

4. BrandonAy

BrandonAy Member

Wait, what! I though it needed a minimum of 500ma. I've been using its dedicated power supply because I feared underpowering it.

5. partytrain

partytrain Member

I was doing the same thing, but I saw others talking about it on the other thread. Thought it was worth a try. Hasn't failed me yet. I'm not even sure if it needs that 250 spot, but it's there, so I've been using it.

6. mr_cheef

mr_cheef Member

Thanks for the replies :)

7. superdave2001

superdave2001 Supporting Member

The supply it comes with is 500mA, but I've confirmed with VooDoo Lab that it's safely powered around 250-300. I wouldn't go less. Yes, it might run...but it's the power-on process that takes a lot of juice, and you wouldn't want to under power that. Stick with the 250 and sleep at night ;)

8. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Supporting Member

Wonder why the Zoom specs say it draws 500ma then?

9. minty901

minty901 Member

Didn't someone from Zoom respond on here and say it's 150 mA draw or something like that? It's definitely under 200 mA, of that I'm sure.