• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Zoom MS-70CDR opinions?

x-ray specs

What are your opinions of the effects in this pedal compared to some of the other popular digital multi-effects units out there? Are the reverbs and choruses as good in quality as the M9 for example? Are the reverbs as good in sonic quality as the verbs in the HOF?

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
The 500ma voltage required is too much for my pedal board.
Actual draw is about 150 ma, as several threads in the Digital forum have talked about. It doesn't need 500 ma. Any 200 ma outlet should get the job done fine.

I liked my CDR a lot, but I ultimately ended up getting an MS-100BT because the CDR lacked the paraemtric EQ that the 100BT has. The effects in the CDR are terrific, though, many of which can't be found in any of Zoom's other units.

83stratman

Silver Supporting Member
I have a cdr. I'm not an authority on digital modeling, but I have owned a M5 and briefly a M13. I also own 4 iStomps. The CDR sounds better to me than the L6, but IMO the iStomps sound way better than both the Zoom and the L6. I'll probably be selling the Zoom.

Echoes22

I am returning mine (I was the OP for the 'strange bypass' thread). The effects sound great, and definitely on par with the Line 6 M5 I compared it to but the more I play with it the more the bypass problem bothers me. I am typically not that picky about these things but in this case I find it quite noticeable with my setup (Tele > Twin Reverb).

ufo~

They sound great and much better than Line6 equivalents. I never noticed any trouble with bypass issues but I run everything through a Loop-Master bypass. Top notch sound quality and effects on the cheap. Can't argue with that.

richpjr

I liked mine, but did notice a bit of that noise myself. Sadly, mine just died and I have a request into Zoom to have it fixed or replaced.

valvestate

I love the youtube demoes especially the delays! I think this is one of the most affordable ultimate all in onemin8 modulation pedal... Zoom has released awesome pedals lately.

Epichecho

As mentioned above, there are plenty of opinion threads but this isn't exactly the best place to get an objective one on Zoom products.

megatonic

Gold Supporting Member
I have the 100BT and the 70 CDR and I get them to sound great.

The trick is in just using what you need. Don't go all crazy with scads of stuff stacked up.
BTW, the rotary sound in the 100BT kills!

Sensates

I Have multiple problems with the footswitch, but soundwise it definitely won over M9 in my opinion.

Tmidiman

I have a cdr. I'm not an authority on digital modeling, but I have owned a M5 and briefly a M13. I also own 4 iStomps. The CDR sounds better to me than the L6, but IMO the iStomps sound way better than both the Zoom and the L6. I'll probably be selling the Zoom.
+1.

P8t8r

Ok guys, I have some questions. I'm interested in CDR mainly for its delays and reverbs stacked together. I want to create kinda U2ish preset with two delays stacked together, one set for different rhythm division than the other. First of all, I'd like to know whether CDR offers rhythm divisions for delays - lets say I tap in quarter notes and I get dotted eights repeats. Secondly, can I tap in tempo for the whole preset - for example for two delays in the preset. For you info, I want CDR to work like Visual Sound Dual Tap Delay, which can set global tap tempo for its two delay sections, and those sections might be set for different rhythm divisions. Hope it's clear what my expectations are. I'd played CDR the other day, and the sound still rings in my head. If it's capable of what I explained, I'm probably gonna go this route, or maybe even 100BT. Any input is welcome.

Last edited:

hydroquebec

You're good. Yes to both of your questions.

The MS and the CDR both have subdivisions and the tapped tempo is applied globally. If you tap it in the first delay, the same tempo will be applied to the second.

And to the OP, I love the CDR. There may be better delays and reverbs out there, but what's in the box is awesome.

Modulations are so great. I've also got an MS100, so I'm pretty much done there. When compared to TC, EHX, Boss, Homebrew, Malekko, I just can't see too may things being much better, or more convenient, or more friendly toward my pedalboard's real estate.

Top Bottom