Zoom MS70cdr/Boss DD MIDI Question

Godspeed64

I'm looking to purchase a MIDI controller from a friend, called the MorningStar MC-6, and noticed the specs as follows:

Programmable
Send CC, PC, Note and Midi Clockmessages.

Or toggle between different CC Numbers and Values.

Program the MC6 to control your rig the way you want it!

USB Class Compliant
With USB MIDI.

Control your DAW or iPad Apps simultaneously with your effect devices.​

Does this mean this can control a Zoom MS pedal via USB as well?

I'm really intrigued if I can use this to control BOTH my DD500 and CDR.
Would be cool if I can do:
Bank Down - Bank Up - Bypass
Bank Down - Bank Up - Global Tap

Top row Zoom, bottom Boss. Any help is appreciated as I've NEVER ventured into the realm of MIDI!

olkie

The ms70cdr manual only talks about using the usb for firmware updates. There is nothing on MIDI, so I don't think that will will work.

The ms70cdr manual only talks about using the usb for firmware updates. There is nothing on MIDI, so I don't think that will will work.
Disaster Area have a Ghost add on which works with the Zoom CDR / MS50G etc, so the Zoom does work with USB Midi, as to whether it works with that specific MIDI controller, it's only something the maker could comment on. I'm not sure whether the Zoom is class compliant when in comes to the MIDI side.

It definitely accepts Program Change messages tho in some way as my Disaster Area DMC-3XL with Ghost option works a treat with my MS50G

DisasterArea

Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals
The Zoom MS-50G, MS-60B, and MS-70CDR have a USB mini-B on the back panel designed to allow for firmware updates. Fortunately for us it enumerates as a class-compliant MIDI device when connected to a USB host such as a computer, iPad (via camera connection kit) or our DMC-3XL / DMC-4 with gHOST output / gHOST Converter.

The bad news is that the only messages the Zoom pedals recognize are program changes 0-49 and one CC message that turns on the tuner. No tap, no bypass, no expression. The older G3 and B3 recognize a few more commands, but the G3 actually lost some of them after their big firmware update. Many of the other Zoom products work in the same way, but the MS-100BT does not as it lacks a USB port.

You'll need to check with the maker of that MIDI controller, but my guess is that it is a USB DEVICE, rather than a HOST.

Trending Topics