Zvex 59 sound pedal new pedal day

Strat58

HI just bought one secound hand and after some trials with some amps I decided to put it on to mine pedal board.
Can't wait to try it out on a gig this Saterday, I tried it out with mine Fender Deluxe Reverb and that was not bad at all.
With the Les Paul I heard some nice ZZ Top tones and with the Telecaster I realy could nail that Tom Petty sound from Mike.

It now on the board together with:
Korg Pitch Black-Yellow Fulldrive-OCD 1.7-lovepedal minj buffer-Zvex 59 Sound-Zvex BOR-Carbon Copy and I think I will use the Deluxe for the gig.

Why so many drives ? I normaly use only 2 together, I stack FD with the OCD or with the BOX and now I can stack with the 59 sound.
Its like paiting every OD has his own colour so the more colours the more inspiration, to much colours and its a mess, just 2 stacked is enough :)
1 for low gain and with other one lead tones, however FD+OCD+BOR gives the that classic 80thies rock sound :)
But I play country and blues rock so 2 enough I guess.
Has anybody here tried the 59 sound and what was your opnion, love to hear it.
Peace Strat58

johnh

So you have both the BoR and the 59 on your board? Are the two pedals very similar? I kind of assumed that the 59 was just a re-packaged/re-badged BoR. so I’d be interested in hearing about any differences.

Strat58

So you have both the BoR and the 59 on your board? Are the two pedals very similar? I kind of assumed that the 59 was just a re-packaged/re-badged BoR. so I’d be interested in hearing about any differences.
Hi okay tried it this morning with a fender Deluxe Reverb and a Marshall 1974X.

Deluxe Reverb:
With the DR the 59 sound great definitief less bass as the BOR, I stacked it with a TS10 and it sounded very good. The BOR with the DR it had more low end it also has a 4 x 12 inch Cab feel to it.
I noticed that the 59 was more upfront you could hear every string and with the vol. knob great clean up. The BOR is not so upfront due to the amount of low end also cleans up great with the vol. knob. Stack the BOR with a Tubescreamer instant Gary Moore sound.

Marshall 1974X
When using the 59 sound with the 1974X it sounded more as a Marshall OD with more treble and stacking with a Tubescreamer gives a nice lead tone, however I prefer the tone of the DR.
The BOR into the 1974X was more suitable spec. with a Tubescreamer in front of it, thats why I use the BOR for years now, the problem was that combo didn't worked so good for the DR.
So I guess its going to be this thing,

1974X BOR with Tubescreamer
Deluxe R 59 sound with Tubescreamer
Both sounded different from each other
59 sound to mine ears more upfront less OD use OD wide open.
BOR more low end and more OD-use OD set 12 o clock
Guitars used VOS R9 and Vint. R. Fender 52 Telecaster.

Mind you I have to say I was not playing loud I think the volumes were on both around 0.1 or maybe 1. I have to try this at a gig volume, the BOR realy shines with volume and mine guess is the 59 sound will also needs some volume.
wll be continued :)
Peace Strat58

Dontchaknow

Silver Supporting Member
I have had both, the 59 has way less bass (a very good thing imo) and sounds a bit tweedier.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom