1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Zvex and Dr Scientist artistic look

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sega, Jan 25, 2008.

1. sega

sega Member

I kinda like the way these two cie paint their pedals.
    Drawings that appeals to the crowd with a honest sound.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When it come to desing, the box by itself is important too.
    I look at Boss effects and specially Jacques and it lack design a big way.
    Gee, I know it's not that important but when you spend money for a boutique effect it's always nice to have something that has class.

Guess i'm still a kid, and glad to be.

2. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Dr. Scientist pedals arent painted. They're covered in vinyl then clear coated. Each color is a different piece of vinyl.

3. Dave

Dave Member

They are some cool looking pedals, I agree. But...while the Boss pedals may look relatively bland, the design is brilliant IMO. I love the way half the pedal pivots, makes it pretty easy to step on in the heat of battle.

4. sega

sega Member

True enough,

But my T-rex is the only pedal that when I activate it, I wonder if it's on.
    There is no click, or hardly audible and feels so smooth to activate.

T-rex logo is gone, no more T-rex of the animal, just the logo with letters...that is a shame :)

5. Terry Hayes

Terry Hayes Member

I like the designs of the pedals you mentioned. And I know this is all a matter of taste but I really like the Jacques pedals - especially after finally being able to check them out in person at NAMM last week. I think they are brilliantly designed - small size, nice compact layout, really good quality housing, nice graphics, excellent feel to the controls - just a very professional design and appearance, that to me, exudes class.

Terry

6. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

They're not clear coated... the final sealing layer is a clear sheet of vinyl.
    :dude