Zvex and Dr Scientist artistic look

sega

I kinda like the way these two cie paint their pedals.
Drawings that appeals to the crowd with a honest sound.

When it come to desing, the box by itself is important too.
I look at Boss effects and specially Jacques and it lack design a big way.
Gee, I know it's not that important but when you spend money for a boutique effect it's always nice to have something that has class.

Guess i'm still a kid, and glad to be.

therhodeo

Dr. Scientist pedals arent painted. They're covered in vinyl then clear coated. Each color is a different piece of vinyl.

Dave

They are some cool looking pedals, I agree. But...while the Boss pedals may look relatively bland, the design is brilliant IMO. I love the way half the pedal pivots, makes it pretty easy to step on in the heat of battle.

sega

They are some cool looking pedals, I agree. But...while the Boss pedals may look relatively bland, the design is brilliant IMO. I love the way half the pedal pivots, makes it pretty easy to step on in the heat of battle.
True enough,

But my T-rex is the only pedal that when I activate it, I wonder if it's on.
There is no click, or hardly audible and feels so smooth to activate.

T-rex logo is gone, no more T-rex of the animal, just the logo with letters...that is a shame :)

Terry Hayes

Supporting Member
I kinda like the way these two cie paint their pedals.
Drawings that appeals to the crowd with a honest sound.

When it come to desing, the box by itself is important too.
I look at Boss effects and specially Jacques and it lack design a big way.
Gee, I know it's not that important but when you spend money for a boutique effect it's always nice to have something that has class.

Guess i'm still a kid, and glad to be.
I like the designs of the pedals you mentioned. And I know this is all a matter of taste but I really like the Jacques pedals - especially after finally being able to check them out in person at NAMM last week. I think they are brilliantly designed - small size, nice compact layout, really good quality housing, nice graphics, excellent feel to the controls - just a very professional design and appearance, that to me, exudes class.

Terry

Trending Topics