ZVex Probe pedals anyone???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by IPlayHamers, Sep 18, 2006.

1. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

I plan on adding all of these to my rig. I love the way the sounds can be manipulated with your foot or in the case of pre recorded tracks, your hand.

Any users or comments please?

IPH

2. marcusprice

marcusprice Member

i love the wah probe. its pretty wild... i wish i could say more.

3. Nathan

Nathan Member

I found the fuzz probe a bit tricky. If you want to hold a sound you have to try and leave your foot there without moving: very hard when you're playing unless you have thebalance of a tightrope walker. Unless of course you adjust the stab knob, but then you don't get as much range with the probe portion. I don't know how that works for the "cocked wah" sounds on the wah probe? Does it work? The trem probe always sounded like a bad idea to me because a good tremolo pedal or volume pedal would give you the same effect, but less tiring on the 1-leg balance side of things.

4. Josh O

Josh O Member

I currently have a Trem Probe for sale in the emporium (sorry for the shameless spam). The Trem Probe is great for both a volume pedal and doing manual tremolo type effects plus it has a SHO circuit built into it. My current pedalboard setup wasn't conducive to use it effectively so I'm regretfully moving it. Pretty wild little pedal though.

5. Derelict King

Derelict King Member

I have a wah probe and absolutely love it!

DK

6. Bricks

Bricks Member

For the Fuzz Probe..
    If you stay away from the plate, will it operate identical to a regular Fuzz Factory at whatever Stab setting you have it at??

I have a Tremolo Probe - its like a volume pedal with a very distinct curve. Its very tough to get expressive swells like with a volume pedal.. but its great for inserting manual Trem wherever you like, plus the SHO is sweet. I've got a Goodrich Volume pedal in the mail, so I might wind up trading the Trem Probe after that arrives. I've got #27 of the gold ones from back in 00, so hopefully some collector will be interested.

7. zachary vex

zachary vex Member

it's supposed to act exactly as a fuzz factory if you stay away from the probe, at least that's what vex says. oh yeah, that's me. 8^)

the most stable way to use a probe is to park your heel on the floor in front of the pedal and imagine you are accelerating your car. if you don't have a car, this is easy, because you practice it every time you pretend you do have a car. here's a link to a video that shows what i mean:

http://media.zvex.com/tremoloprobe.mov

8. Bricks

Bricks Member

Zachary: That driving analogy helps a bit! Makes it easier for me to get some consistent swells out my Trem Probe. At the moment I'm running it into a Memory Lane and getting some lofi/modulated spacey stuff. tasty.

I picked this one up from Boston Guitar works recently. Its number 027 made on 1-18-00, and has a Gold finish and no eye graphic around the LED. Do you know if this is #27 of an early Gold run, or just number 27 ever made period?

9. zachary vex

zachary vex Member

that old? it would be one from the first run of trem probes ever made.

10. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

I had a Fuzz Probe - it was so insane that it blew my mind, and eventually I sold it. I'd love to get all the Probe's in a row.....

Man, that was a seriously cool pedal! :)

11. eric-d

eric-d Member

The Wah Probe has facinated me since I've first seen it. I want one, but I know if won't get used that much.

12. Jarick

Jarick Supporting Member

My buddy had a Wah Probe until it was stolen...best wah I've ever heard, and really fast too. I have a clip, but it's got some silly punk thing over it and really isn't for much other than laughs.