ZVEX Question - Vexter and none??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by drod2045, Sep 23, 2008.

1. drod2045

drod2045 Member

Im thinking about getting a fuzz factory or trading my 200lbs for Fuzz Factory (+cash) and when I look in the emporium, i notice that some Zvex pedals are listed Vexter Series and none Vexter. Can anyone tell me the difference between them? Does Vexter Series imply a protype or somethin? The Vexter Series ones appear to be a bit cheaper than the none

2. astainback

astainback Member

Think of vexter as the non-hand painted, not-built in the US model of the pedal.
    But, there is now a US vexter series on the box of metal.

The non-vexter models are handbuilt in the US and hand painted.

3. drod2045

drod2045 Member

anyone compare the vexter to non? since this is TGP i will expect ppl to say non is a world of times better but of course - im asking cause i am wondering too ;)

anyone have direct experience with the fuzz factory vexter and non? thoughts?

4. dsl

dsl Member

I've had both the Vexter & the Handpainted & I didn't notice a
    difference.

But as always... YMMV

5. drod2045

drod2045 Member

good to know. Im think im going to pull the trigger soon!

6. charmboy

charmboy Member

I think I've heard people say that the components might be different and/or that they sound different, but I've never tried a Vexter so I couldn't say. I'd be very interested to hear if anybody can confirm/repudiate this as I've been curious about the Vexters myself.

7. drod2045

drod2045 Member

per Zvex's website - it says they are both exactly the same. The only difference is the hand painted finish. edit: after 2nd read, it says identicl in construction. that could be different in components. But I would think the construction is different since the painted one is hand-built (or am i wrong?)

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Vexter Fuzz Factory is identical in construction to the newest hand-painted Fuzz Factories, including a DC power jack and on/off LED indicator. Because it is hand silk-screened instead of hand-painted, we are able to offer it at a somewhat reduced price! [/FONT]

Z.Vex “Vexter Series” effects are hand-polished aluminum, hand silk-screened in two colors and hand assembled."

8. blood5150

blood5150 Member

Painted ones have lifetime warranty.... vexters only have two years..

9. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

Vex has come on here about this very topic. He originally claimed what the website says, but someone pointed out a couple component changes and he explained that it ended up being the same values. Though, I think explaining that the $100-$120 difference in price between the hand painted ones and the silk screened is a bit far fetched...

10. drod2045

drod2045 Member

yea, i would agree that the paint results in the price jack and nothing else. do these few companent changes make a difference (sorry to restate the original question but if there are any other opinions/users, i would appreciate it)

11. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

I have the Vexter series BOR and love it. I have played the hand-painted version, although not very long, and could not really tell a difference at all. I have also played the Fuzz Factory side by side with the Vexter and could not tell either apart. Nothing stuck out is what I mean to say. Well, besides of course the fact that the lack of paint on my BOR was sucking all the tone from my guitar!!!