Zvex Seekwah Users

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gtrfinder, Feb 12, 2012.

1. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

Ive got a Seekwah 2 incoming that has been modded for tap tempo by Cusack. Really looking forward to trying it out as a recording tool.
    Anyone a regular Seekwah user here, or have any tips to provide? Has anyone tried it with other instruments like keys?

Thanks!

2. markmantle

markmantle Member

Wow, didnt know you could get that done!? Awesome...

MY only experience with that effect is from the line 6 fm4, on which it was the only effect I actually used... I loved that effect, but I'm sure the original is even better. I tried that effect on Keyboards when I had it, and thought the results were awesome.

Good luck.

3. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

Thanks
    Anybody else?

4. StaticRick

StaticRick Silver Supporting Member

I wanted to chime in here. I just had my Seek Wah II modified with the Cusack tap tempo. It is so much more usable in a live situation now. I feel like this pedal went from "studio tool" to "performance enhancer".

The other thing that I want to note is that Tony at Cusack was AWESOME at communicating with me via email and also in his speedy turnaround. My pedal was at their shop for less than 24 hours! Not only that, but Tony's emails made me feel at ease and I knew I was dealing with the same guy who would be receiving, modifying, and shipping my pedal.

I highly recommend this modification to anyone considering it. I know it takes an already pricey pedal and adds another $100 to it, but you'll end up with a unique effect that you can use with confidence in a live (aka "tempo uncertain") situation.

5. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

I had original, went to tap version, went to murf, settled on midi murf.

The control is essential.

6. ZeroChan

ZeroChan Member

I use a Subdecay Proteus for those applications, although it only have random filter notches.

I also have a Line6 M5 and it has Seeker and Obi-Wah that is similar to the Seek Wah.

Kinda nice for live use, but not that much really a 'traditional' sound. Except for that Zappa tune, I guess.

7. yerbluesrob

yerbluesrob Supporting Member

I used to have one and thought it was super cool, but almost unusable live. I didn't know about the tap tempo mod at the time and sold it. I kept telling myself how awesome it would be if only I could sync it to the songs tempo live. Oh well, maybe I'll have to check it out again in the near future

8. StaticRick

StaticRick Silver Supporting Member

The murf is awesome, and HUGE! :)

9. pedalfreek

pedalfreek Member

I've only used it with guitar, but while in line with a bunch of other sound mangling devices....you can get some really great sounds/textures/rhythmic figures with this pedal!

The tap tempo mod is a must!!!

10. madmanmike777

madmanmike777 Member

man this is one of THE coolest pedals out there...i have a version one, no tap or anything fancy, just hand painted sequencing wah goodness..i know about the cussack mod and have played one with it, sounds PHENOMENAL...the cusack mod really opens up the versaitility of the pedal...sorry im a bad speller lol, but i actually use my seek wah a LOT