ZVEX Wah Probe, Trem-o-rama, Ooh-Wah

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by The Captain, Jan 16, 2008.

1. The Captain

The Captain Member

I'm gonna be looking for some of these pedals on my trip to LA soon. Does anyone have any comments about them that own them ? I have read one rave comment here about the wah-probe, that turned me on to it, but I'm interested in what anyone else has to say.

I'm sold on teh BOR, but I don't need one, having 5 multi-channel amps.

2. The Captain

The Captain Member

BUmping this cos it was on page 3 and I'm looking for some feedback.

3. Robapov

Robapov Member

tremorama and ooh wah are excellent pedals, just be ready to spend a lot of time with them, they are very intricate and take a lot of time to adjust to...especially if you plan on applying them to a full band setting...i use my tremorama to create bubbly soundscapes that i will use under my main playing, and also for a nice trem when jamming (which is easist to set when it is running through 4 stages)...i also would use them with a volume pedal as to have more control over when the effect is emphasized...they do start over at one if you turn them off and on again though, which is a plus for staying in time :YinYang have fun in LA!

4. jgyn

jgyn Member

Wah Probe's now my main wah pedal.

5. Hiwatt Bob

Hiwatt Bob Member

wah probe is also now my main wah pedal. before it was the teese rmc3.

once you get used to not using a treadle, it really blows everything else away, imho. not too harsh on the top end, good mids, good low end. the only drawback is that you can't use it in a fixed wah position--if you use a wah as an Eq.

6. The Captain

The Captain Member

Thank you guys, this gels with my impressions from reading the ZVEX site. The sound I'm looking for from teh ooh-wah is the kind of burbling wah sound that Kirk Hammett gets on a lot of solos. I particularly notice it on the Sandman solo form Binge-n-Purge. I have not been able to cop that on a normal wah.
    I am goign to add a volume pedal to my chain as well, so that should work in well with these pedals.
    For the trem, the main tone I have in mind is the riff to Immigrant Song, becasue that is pure rock-n-roll, and I can't cop it well enough without a trem.
    Do GC carry ZVEX ??