ZVEX Wah Probe, Trem-o-rama, Ooh-Wah

The Captain

I'm gonna be looking for some of these pedals on my trip to LA soon. Does anyone have any comments about them that own them ? I have read one rave comment here about the wah-probe, that turned me on to it, but I'm interested in what anyone else has to say.

I'm sold on teh BOR, but I don't need one, having 5 multi-channel amps.

Robapov

Supporting Member
tremorama and ooh wah are excellent pedals, just be ready to spend a lot of time with them, they are very intricate and take a lot of time to adjust to...especially if you plan on applying them to a full band setting...i use my tremorama to create bubbly soundscapes that i will use under my main playing, and also for a nice trem when jamming (which is easist to set when it is running through 4 stages)...i also would use them with a volume pedal as to have more control over when the effect is emphasized...they do start over at one if you turn them off and on again though, which is a plus for staying in time :YinYang have fun in LA!

Hiwatt Bob

wah probe is also now my main wah pedal. before it was the teese rmc3.

once you get used to not using a treadle, it really blows everything else away, imho. not too harsh on the top end, good mids, good low end. the only drawback is that you can't use it in a fixed wah position--if you use a wah as an Eq.

The Captain

Thank you guys, this gels with my impressions from reading the ZVEX site. The sound I'm looking for from teh ooh-wah is the kind of burbling wah sound that Kirk Hammett gets on a lot of solos. I particularly notice it on the Sandman solo form Binge-n-Purge. I have not been able to cop that on a normal wah.
I am goign to add a volume pedal to my chain as well, so that should work in well with these pedals.
For the trem, the main tone I have in mind is the riff to Immigrant Song, becasue that is pure rock-n-roll, and I can't cop it well enough without a trem.
Do GC carry ZVEX ??

Trending Topics

Top Bottom