Zvex's awkward pedals

rust1975

I wanna love the Zvexes, especially the Fuzz Factory (which I just bought but will be returning soon). But I just can't get around the horizontal pedals and their lack of toe space for live show stomping. I find I always kick the knobs...

Who's with me?

The Whiz

I have this problem with Catalinbread's smaller pedals. But with zvex ones I don't have the problem because Zvex puts taller switches on and find it a lot easier to stomp on the switch without making contact with the knobs.

Do you play in high heels or something?? ;)

JingleJungle

I'm with you re. the knob kickage.
Zachary feels otherwise :D
Someone has suggested unscrewing the knob, and putting a small gasket around the shaft and then remounting the knob so that it forces down on the gasket, thereby minimizing whatever "drift" your foot might have originally caused.

G'luck!

JJ

M

Member 995

That isn't an issue for me with the Fuzz Factory at all.

Bryan

slingshotmb

Also not issues (size 11) maybe you should invest in some of these...
A1_fs.jpg

Pedro58

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on the Probe idea, or...
Rehouse them in another box. Keep the original in case you want to sell it. It will remain pristine. Use a generic Hammond box that has the layout you like and enjoy the ZVex sound.

mrfuzz

i really like my fuzz factory, it justs has so many type of sounds... the pedal still amazes me if your into the basic fuzz sound go for a big muff of a fuzz face but if your more if you like to play and out of the box the fuzz factory is a must.. ahhhhhhhhhh i love this pedal..

GuitarDude

I've noticed that I even move the knobs on a pedal like my barber small fry when I play with cowboy boots (which is everytime). So you just can't win I guess.

kludge

The droid you're looking for
I use rubber bands on the knobs of ALL the pedals on my pedalboard whose knobs move easily. That way, I can't accidentally nudge them with my foot.

With rubber bands in place, I mount my ZVex Mammoth SIDEWAYS on the board. Works fine.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom