ZW-45 Zack Wylde wah..........

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by OldSchool, Jun 19, 2005.

1. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

2. BCRich86

BCRich86 Member

I picked one up over the weekend and friggin love it, i'm gonna be selling my Dunlop 535Q wah on ebay because it just doesn't compare to the wylde wah. I love the love growl sweep it gives!
    I really like the 535 but i plugged them in side by side and in my opinion and sound taste, the wylde wah buried it!

3. Thelonius

Thelonius Member

I would like to know how it compares to a fulltone clyde for example. Such as one is better for metal or something.

I currently own a 535q. When I got it it sounded pretty good, but when I started fiddling with the controls I never got it to sound that good again. The clyde is terific though, I borrowed a friends and it was great.

4. BCRich86

BCRich86 Member

i've never heard the clyde, so i can't comment, but i'd like too

5. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Excellent! I'm not really a metal player.......is this pedal geared towards High gain tones only? How does it do the Jimi/stevie/clapton thing? Thanks............

6. BCRich86

BCRich86 Member

I'm not to technical with my descriptions so let me apoligize in advance.
    I would say it's a fuller, wider range of sweep. It's probably hotter than you may need unless you are real skilled with controlling the sweep with your foot and don't go all the way from heel to toe I guess.
    I can sell you a 535Q cheap! :p
    Seriously, I think if you are looking for the Hendrix/SRV/Clapton thing, it may be a bit much for you, but what do I know :confused:

7. mkl13

mkl13 Silver Supporting Member

I am using the wylde wah and love it. I am not playing high gain stuff, more classic rock type sounds and it really does a great job.

8. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

It's very similar to the JH-1 in voicing...nice wah.

9. Filter428

Filter428 Member

Hey...in case any of you guys are interested, I have one that I got as a gift recently but I already have one so I'm selling it. It's brand spankin' new with all the goodies it supposed to come with...did I say it was brand new? pm me if you're interested. I'll take trades too. I like fuzzes. Maybe an MJM fuzz, a Euthymia fuzz, an Addrock fuzz, a BT Das Fuzz or a Tonefactor fuzz. Did I say I like fuzzes?
    Walter

10. stratman89

stratman89 Supporting Member

I've had the Zak wah for a few months now and love it, looks cool too! I use it for classic rock and it sounds great. Glad to see others using this fine pedal.

11. mkl13

mkl13 Silver Supporting Member

I always think its kind of funny when I look at my pedal board and I got a Wylde Wah and Overdrive. I feel like I should be playing alot more pinch harmonics! But its great stuff.

12. van_wylde

van_wylde Member

I've had the Wylde wah now for a couple months and i must say it is a joy to play with. however unlike most other wah pedals i feel that i have to control the sweep of the pedal a lot more delicately with this wah in comparison to other wahs.

I feel that this is deffinatly suited towards the peopl who love to use lots of gain however i have found many uses for it otherwise. It is not a wah i would recommend for classic rock however it does share similar characteristics in its design to the JH-1 however it is suited towards more higher gain applications.

13. Filter428

Filter428 Member

Were the bottoms of these wahs signed by Zak with a silver paint pen? Anyone know?

14. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

I beleive there was a limited number of signed models

15. papersoul

papersoul Member

Samples and video reviews I have seen sounds like it is good for anything. The one guywas getting great clean wah tones with this thing! Sounds much fatter and fuller than most wahs.

Does it have a built in volume/gain boost, to get it over the band and another guitarist? Personally, I was going to have my BudWah modified by AmpCrazy so I could have the best of both worlds, boosted and non. Playing rhythm parts I prefer non boosted. Lead, I prefer my wah boosted and don't want to have to kick on my boost pedal and wah to accomplish this.

Some wahs have just the right amount of mid/volume cut to work for rhythm and lead. Is that the Zakk Wah?