Zzounds Acoustic Purchases

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by A-Bone, Jun 11, 2013.

1. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

Anyone here have any experience, good or bad purchasing from ZZounds?

I see that they have an A+ rating from the BBB and found a number of online reviews of them, most positive -- but with some people complaining about problems with acoustics purchased from them coming from a non-humidity controlled warehouse with fret sprout and the like.

2. Me Again

Me Again Member

It's been a while, but I've bad great experiences with Zzounds, including at least one return. No guitars though. No complaints whatsoever on my end; I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

3. joel98z

joel98z Member

I have great experience with them have bought:

2012 Les Paul Standard
    QSC Power Amp
    24 Channel Snake

All arrived quickly and factory sealed.

4. tomtheguitarguy

tomtheguitarguy Member

Nothing but great things to say about Zzounds. And with their Easy Pay plan, you could actually purchase on the plan with a low down payment (25%) and get the instrument. Then if you like it, just call them up and pay for it all, or if you don't, return it for the refund - and you'll only be out the 25% until it gets credited back to you.

Crowder likes this.
  5. nrandall85

nrandall85 Member

Love zzounds, and their payment plan is dangerous.

6. boppstar

boppstar Member

I have purchased many items including an acoustic last november - zero issues. I have returned items as well with no problems.

7. teleman55

teleman55 Member

Nothing but good experiences here w/Zzounds. Really like their payment plan. Have not bought a guitar there. Have bought an amp. And some other stuff.

8. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

9. Jim Moulton

Jim Moulton Member

Never used Z sounds, but I have bought 2 bad acoustic guitars from Elderly. I got an Alvarez with a crack on the top, and a couple of years later I bought a Recording King that was dried out and the action was starting to slip. They were good in both of them, paid for the postage back
    Jim:JAM

10. Gibson Veteran

Gibson Veteran Member

Zzounds has always been great to buy from in my experience. I have purchased 2 acoustic guitars from them and other equipment and every thing arrived quick and safe. I certainly recommend them for my experience.

11. gtrjunkie

gtrjunkie Member

Love Zzounds. They have beat some really low prices without hassle. Even a B-stock (or whatever they call it) EV ELX118 sub I bought worked great and looked like it was never opened.

12. radicool

radicool Member

+1 on the positive Zzounds experiences. I've bought lots of stuff from them with great service and without an issue. The only guitar I bought from them was an Am Standard Tele. I was nervous to spend over a grand sight unseen, but the guitar is beautiful; no complaints at all.

13. rockabilly69

rockabilly69 Supporting Member

zZounds worked the best deal on could find on the best Gibson Firebird I've ever bought!!! It's still one of my favorite guitars ever!