• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Zzounds? Are they legit?

VivaVirilium

I was about to buy a fairly pricy guitar through these guys until I took a cursory look at their customer reviews. The thing I'm confused about is that they have about 75% 5 star reviews and 25% 1 star reviews.

Normally I'd just find another retailer to order through, but the guitar I'm looking at is out of stock on Sweetwater and I want to finance it and very few retailers allow financing for this particular brand (Fender).

Should I just wait a couple more weeks until its back in stock? I really don't want to order something and open the box and see that it's damaged, especially when Zzounds seems to have a reputation for being bad about accepting returns.

cshelton

Yup. I have purchased several guitars from them and they were all great experiences. I even had to return one due to personal preference and had no issues. I recommend them.

COYS

Bought numerous things from them, just had a package come from them today. No problems. They are legit.

M

Member 161675

Yeah they're legit

Last edited by a moderator:

ifallalot

Silver Supporting Member
I've used them for both personal and work purchases. I highly recommend. Second only to Sweetwater IMO

prs1999

Gold Supporting Member
Always ask if they can do better on the price when you find the axe you want.
They knocked 16% off a 10 top 30th anniversary PRS for me .

VivaVirilium

Son, that's dang good for the intermet...
Haha I was sort of rounding the numbers off there, they have like a 2.4/5 overall satisfaction rating whereas SW has like a 4.5/5 rating, so that's why I wanted to check on here and see what peoples' experiences have been. It sounds pretty much universally good though so I guess I'll give 'em a shot.

rufedges

Yes, I've used them more than a few times. I usually find myself on Sweetwater these days, seem to be better deals,.......I used to be a Musicians Friend regular before that, but SW seems to beat them out lately.

The Captain

I find it a bit weird that they have so much negative feedback. I ordered some stuff on a Friday evening one time here in Australia from them and it arrived 3 days later on the Monday. To say I was impressed an understatement.
There are a lot of troll consumers out there these days. eBay setup a terrible system when they took away seller feedback.

DGDGBD

They are legit, never had a problem. the pro for me is that they ship from nearby me so I get deliveries very quickly; con is that they have to charge me sales tax.

jklotz

Silver Supporting Member
I have used them several times. The interest free financing option is nice sometimes. FWIW, I got an Ibenez from them not too long ago, and it had bad frets. I called, they were easy to deal with, sent me a return label within an hour, and shipped out the replacement the day I shipped the guitar back.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
They are totally legit, but they are located in NJ which means I have to pay them state sales tax and I refuse to give any more of my money to our waste of oxygen Governor so unfortunately I can't use them... but they are 100% legit and I often wish I could use them.

C-4

Speaking of Sweetwater, I like that they weigh the guitars. Their 55 point inspection...meh.
As for other gear, over the weekend, I bought my wife a new PA system at GC. The prices and service we received was amazing, and when I checked Sweetwater pricing on the same gear, it was much higher, even at their reduced price. I would have spent considerably more had I dealt with Sweetwater, and we found out things about gear we were considering for part of the PA at GC that we would have made a mistake buying. They did right by us all the way.

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
I purchased a focusrite interface and a pair of JBL studio monitors from zzounds. Shipping was quick and the products work well. I'd give them five stars.

guitarlifestyle

I like guitars.
Gold Supporting Member
I'll echo much of what's been said above. They are legit and fine to work with. I've bought a guitar from them and was pleased with the experience.

Top Bottom